This is Aiden's third year of soccer, fall and spring. He likes soccer. Like a dutiful mom, I've been ferrying him to and from practices, games, making sure he has all the right equipment, sent him to camp last year, the whole nine yards. The first couple years it was painful for me. I've always been a highly competitive person. I like to do things to the best of my abilities. I always try my hardest. I just wasn't seeing that from Aiden. I had to balance encouragement, correction, praise, and keeping my mouth shut. I had to help him find his own way.
Something this spring clicked. He gets it. It's all coming together nicely. He's no longer just out there on the field. He's playing soccer! It's been exciting to watch the games. He played a whole hour game this week. Amazing stuff.

There he is, in motion, eyes on the ball. He actually dribbled it for 3 kicks right after this pic, but I was so excited and busy cheering I have no pics of that, LOL.
Go Aiden!!!!!!!!!


GOOOOOO AIDEN!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY AIDEN!!!!!
ReplyDelete