That's the view from my porch.A work crew of four guys spent the morning buzzing apart the tree in my across the street neighbor's right-of-way.
We thought this would be the case when a bright pink 'M' appeared on the trunk. I took a moment when I heard that last crack and crash. Sad day.
On a happier note, you can't see our tree very well, but after having two trees die out there, this one looks like it took. We had a scare but that baby came back strong! I call it little green miracle tree. It was originally my intention to plant one tree for each boy the year they were born but I had no idea it had to go through the city and so forth, so it ended up taking a lot longer than I planned. Then they started dying... well anyway, you can see the little mulch pile around the trunk of our little tree. I was really glad I persisted especially since the one across the street is gone. I hope she will plant one or two to replace that one :)


No comments:
Post a Comment