We got to Kalahari right on schedule, and there was a huge line just to even pull up to the entrance. The normal stress of my parents - my dad swearing at some lady because she was trying to not let him in, my mom yelling at everyone because we weren't doing things right... that's all normal.
We got to the room, got settled in, changed, and headed to the waterpark. The boys ran around the lazy river about 4-5 times. My dad and Willie went on one waterslide. It was a long wait. Then we went to the kids' area where all 3 boys could free play. There were teenage boys there intentionally spraying people (parents and children) in the face using the water spouts and guns. They placed their hands over most of the hole so that it sprayed very hard. Bobert was screaming and would not go down the kids' slide because they continuously sprayed him in the face.
Okay on to the wave pool, where we had no major problems except that it tired me out.
Then everyone was hungry, so we went back to our room to dry out pruny hands and eat some pizza. In the midst of everyone changing and stuff, the window in our room sliced Willie's foot open. He also has a cut on his leg. There was a very sharp part at the bottom of the window. I went to the front desk and they gave me some bandages and Neosporin. They said they would send maintenance right away to do something about it.
In the mean time, I took the boys to the little kids play area. they were having a good time shooting each other with foam balls and crawling through the tubes, until the place became overrun with obnoxious teenagers who were chasing each other all around the play area, knocking the little kids around. The girl on duty received numerous requests to kick them out, because the sign said 52" and under, and these kids were clearly way taller than that...
It's one thing if a teen is in there helping a younger sib or cousin, that's very sweet. It's another thing when you are just running wild with no supervision, hurting the little kids. Willie has a bruised area near his mouth from that escapade.
Well that was enough of that so we headed back to the room, where we found my mom still sleeping, and maintenance had not even come yet to fix the window. I called the front desk, frustrated and the lady was not being nice or understanding.
Willie had pooped in his diaper, and I took him into the bathroom to shower him off. What do I see crawling around in there>? ANTS. In a hotel room I am paying $300 a night for? I don't think so.
That was indeed the straw that broke me. I looked at Willie's foot and I knew it would be unsafe for him to be in the water in a public pool area for the next 2 days. We decided to cut our losses and go home.
It took an hour and a half to check out !?!
We should have been home by 11pm, instead we did not get home until almost 1 am. (I-75 is closed for a bit and it took a little longer getting home.)
We have been on several trips, in several hotels, and never have I been so upset. Never have so many things gone wrong. I was done. DONE.
Here's my pics... all I got... planned on taking some the next day after we got the lay of the land... and for those of you that know Willie, you know he doesn't cry for much, but he was crying... and that foot is 2 hours from the injury. It looked terrible right after... looks much better there.


PS, Still dealing with the aftermath... They must have had mold in the carpets there, because Willie is having a severe reaction, and we have been giving breathing treatments around the clock. I can see the redness and puffiness in his cheeks in the pic there. That's another reason I took into account when making the decision to leave.
PPS, I forgot to write... and there were ANTS in the bathroom!!


((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry you had such an awful trip. I'm really surprised as well since I have had only great experiences there myself. I hope you call and speak to the hotel mamnager or some one from their corporate offices that is terrible service!
ReplyDeleteHope Willie is feeling better.
((Hugs)) I'm with Jennifer. We've only had good things to say about Kalahari. But I would definitely call and complain until you get results. Call and call and call and get your money back.
ReplyDeleteI hope Willie is feeling better really soon.
I hope Willie is doing much better, we had a vacation from hell once,there was a horrible storm a tornado came through during the night, we had no electricity at hotel we were all in bed by 7 pm as there was nothing you could do in the dark, we went a head and went to the amusement park the next day,while there the power went out there because a squirrel got fried on the main transformer to the park, we did get free tickets to come back, when we got back to hotel there was still no power, but they did find us another one but it was way across town. Any way we were able to salvage some of the trip. You just get through it. Keep us informed on how the little guy is doing. Love Mom K
ReplyDelete