We saw our DAN Dr. Linsk again today. This will make Willie's third visit there. I have such positive, optimistic feelings every time I leave there. I know God led us to Dr. Linsk, and I was so overwhelmed by joy and praise today on the way to the parking lot, I teared up. Willie has come so far! He is now doing 12 piece wooden jigsaw puzzles, familiar ones all by himself, and new ones with minimal assistance. He has also started to use his PECS binder at school and use his pictures appropriately at home. He gets it. He gets it! Three little words, but a huge celebration sits behind those words. These are his first words! He communicates in a meaningful way.
The supplements, the regimen, the diet, they are killer. You don't even want to know how much I spend on organic, GFCF, low oxalate foods and all the supplements. No McDonald's dinners for us. Not by choice, but because they have about two things Willie can have. Sprite and apple dippers. It's just not fair to Willie for us to all get something and Willie has to come home and get something different, not in a pretty package. Although we have thought about putting his food in McDonald's wrappers (follow the pretty package link). Not even frozen chicken nuggets. I feel like I'm living a hundred years ago. If we want chicken nuggets, we have to cut up the chicken into chunks, then coat them with a special mix and then bake them. There are GFCF frozen chicken nuggets, but Willie won't eat them and they are super expensive, so that really stresses me out. Want tacos? well we have to brown the meat, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and add various other spices. No spice packets for us. No taco bell meat. Can you believe there's cocoa in Taco Bell meat? Maybe that's why I like it. LOL. Also, my *why?* for the day, Koegel frankfurters have nonfat dry milk in them. WHY? (It really is hard to shop GFCF. It stresses me out sometimes.)
After Costco, we picked up Bobert and went outside to play. I keep trying to get Willie to pedal a bike. Bobert likes to play with just about anything outside. Today it was a baseball my mom got him. So, we were getting hot and popsicles sounded good. I looked in the freezer... hmm... where are they? They can't possibly be gone already... I just bought them a few days ago...
Finally I gave up and my poor kids had to drink water. After thinking they were getting a popsicle, that didn't go over very well. I eventually found the popsicles. Willie had taken the box out of the freezer and chucked it under a desk we have stored in the garage. Of course, by that time, they were all melted, ruined. Such is our life. You have to remember to take the popsicles out of the big box before they go into the freezer so they won't all get ruined at once. This is why I'm not waiting for the storm to pass... I don't think it ever will. And I'm not being an Eeyore here, I'm just saying I'm not going to put life 'on hold' in any way. Life's too short!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I don't know how you do it, but I'm so glad you do.
ReplyDelete{{{hugs}}}
I agree. What you do is amazing and shows such devotion to your family. Willie benefits so much from having you as a mother.
ReplyDelete