Thursday, April 17, 2008

Amusement #1

Willie does many odd things that crack me up. We were eating GFCF chocolate cookies the other day, and one got dropped onto the floor and stepped on, so I asked Willie to clean it up, since he did the stepping on part. I always ask the kids to help. Sometimes they are very helpful, sometimes they are helpful, sometimes they aren't much help but I'm still happy they tried, and sometimes they are defiant, so I have to threaten no games... that always works :) They are very much apples close to their parents' trees, who met via an online computer game a long time ago.
Willie is hard to explain. He looks normal most of the time, but his latest diagnosis has PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified) and ADHD.He's also been diagnosed autistic, moderately cognitively impaired (MOCI), and when he was younger he scored MICI (mild impairment), but he's fallen into the MOCI category now.
He's in school in a full day program at a wonderful school, where they do activities that engage him. He has all kinds of therapies, and he gets gym and swimming every week.
So, in the autistic spirit of lining things up, here's how he cleaned up the cookie...



Yes, that'd be the kitchen counter. Oh, Willie-boy.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Willie! LOL! He helped more than I would have given him credit for, even if the cookie didn't make it into the trash can. I sparkly heart love me some Willie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! He did great and would fit right in over here. Both Anna and dh think sitting it on the counter for me to clean is cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love me some Willie!!! He would too fit into my house as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that willie! He tried! And he did it neatly at that.

    ReplyDelete