Monday, June 8, 2009

Aiden's big week

Third grade awards were this afternoon - Aiden got the top reader award in his class... I was excited. Him - not so much. He later told me that he didn't think a t-shirt was that great of a prize and he wanted to know if I would buy him an action figure at Toys R Us.

He also turned nine this week! WHAT?!? 9?!? Well, I guess that's right. Time sure flies. He are his party guests for a group shot, then playing musical chairs. They all gave me grief when I told them we were playing musical chairs, but at the end of the first game they all wanted to play again. Heehee. They still play musical chairs at the Jr. High pep assembly so I knew they would have fun. It gets more intense as you get older. The youngest ones were the first ones out and the 2 oldest were the last two kids in.




And Aiden also had his best soccer game of the season on Thursday. He was crazy good and he got the MVP award from the coach. Of course, that's the day I am the only one there to witness it. He was in the whole game - 1st half defense, 2nd half goalie. He made several saves. I was so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a super week!! Can't believe he's 9 already! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete